Pre-Sales Solutions Architect -Civilian Marke
Rancher Government Solutions (RGS) is specifically designed to address the unique security and operational needs of the U.C. Government and military as it relates to application modernization, containers, and Kubernetes.
Rancher is a complete open-source software stack for teams adopting containers. It addresses the operations and security challenges of managing multiple Kubernetes clusters at scale, while providing DevOps teams with integrated tools for running containerized workloads.
RGS supports all Rancher products with U.S. based American citizen with the highest security clearances who are currently supporting programs across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, and civilian agencies.
The Pre-Sales Solutions Architect (SA) is responsible for owning and delivering the technical win within each qualified customer opportunity within the Federal civilian space by uncovering, understanding and responding to the critical technical requirements that are driving the customer’s buying decisions.
The SA will leverage expertise and experience in containers, management and orchestration, and the Kubernetes ecosystem technologies to help our customers realize business value from our products and solutions tied to their needs and outcomes.
Sales activities include engaging in account go to market strategies, pipeline development and QBR/annual reviews. Owns the technical relationship in the account by developing close working relationships with the Technical Owner and teams.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, self-enabled, and self-directed.
- Extensive knowledge in containerization and container orchestration, specifically Kubernetes. Preferred knowledge in the CNCF ecosystem and tooling.
- Extensive knowledge in cloud architecture, specifically around AWS and Azure.
- Ability to architect solutions based off of potential customer requirements, and articulate those solutions.
- Experience in technical sales.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate, persuade, and negotiate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Present Rancher Government Solutions technology and solutions to customers in assigned portfolio.
- Understand customer business and technical success criteria and articulate the RGS value propositions that align to their goals and outcomes .
- Develop and own customer POCs for our products and solutions.
- US Citizen
- Reside in the Continental US
- US Federal marketplace experience, preferably Civilian
- Travel 30-50% within assigned portfolio plus annual Sales Kick Off at global venue.