Space Operations Software Engineer - Clearance Desired
LMI is seeking a skilled Space Operations Software Engineer at our office in Colorado Springs, CO. Successful LMI Space Operations Software Engineers demonstrate competency in space operations modeling, simulation and analysis while upholding the highest standard of ethical behavior.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers’ unique mission needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
The qualified applicant will support the Space Security and Defense Program (SSDP) Space Control Division (SCD) with development of resiliency model and simulation software to analyze proposed United States space architectures considered by the Space Warfighting & Analysis Center (SWAC). The applicant will work with SSDP and SWAC team members to understand the requirements of the architectures and the environment in which they will operate to be able to assess the architectures resiliency against threats to the mission, using the existing RAPTR tool. In addition, the applicant may be required to develop new tools to assist in the analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and facilitate SSDP and SWAC Force Design efforts, improving software and creating new tools as needed for the evolution of resiliency studies
- Evaluate, modify, and implement the SSDP/SCD resiliency assessment tool in response to analysis requests
- Collaborate with fellow industry Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to deliver the best-informed products
- Modeling architectures of complex systems, to include physics-based models
- Translates resiliency analytical findings into future system requirements
- Build staff products using Microsoft Office
- 10+ years of experience in space modeling, simulation & analysis software development
- Extensive experience OO programming languages (Python, Java, C++, etc.)
- Background in orbital mechanics, space situational awareness, or space control
- Experience in STK, SOAP, AFSIM, or other space analytical toolset is desired
- Ability to use modeling and simulation to analyze and inform resiliency metrics
- Ability to self-identify and execute work tasks
- Demonstrate the ability to apply analytical problem solving skills to operational and strategic level problems, accurately translate technical information for leadership, and establish partnering relationships and coordinate across external organizations
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI and higher-level clearance, as required
- Must be willing to take a Counter-Intelligence Polygraph
Target salary range: $119,000 - $212,000. Final compensation will be determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to your skills, experience, education, and/or certifications.