Senior Research Analyst
Pay Range: $90,000 - $110,000
The Senior Research Analyst (Sr. Analyst) is responsible for delivering TargetSmart Research Solutions (AKA “the polling team”) clients with exemplary public opinion research and political consulting services. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Research Solutions, the Sr. Analyst manages client engagements start-to-finish, from assisting in business development and prospective client pitches to conceptualizing and managing polling and data analytics projects, presenting findings, and providing clients with strategic guidance. The Sr. Analyst will be integrated into a small, highly collaborative team and can expect significant training and support to get up to speed on internal procedures and industry best practices. The Sr. Analyst will have proven experience interacting with colleagues, clients, vendors, and consultants.
Ideal candidates will have significant experience (7+ years) in some combination of the following disciplines:
• Campaign management, finance, field, or communications
• Party committee, super PAC, or other political organization
• Non-profit organization, c3 or c4
• Membership organization
• Polling or data analytics
• Campaign consulting – digital, direct mail, TV/radio
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in identifying new political relationships and business opportunities, preparing proposals and pitch materials, and pitching new clients
• Help clients conceptualize political and advocacy research questions and design research plans that provide them with insights and answers to their questions
• Remain up to speed on national political environment and key national trends in public opinion research • Serve as main point of contact to clients before, during, and after fielding
• Draft survey questionnaires and qualitative research instruments and project manage client-facing revisions processes
• Determine and communicate specs for projects, including pricing, fielding dates, universes, sample sizes, and quotas
• Analyze quantitative and qualitative data and produce client-facing analysis and accompanying reports communicating key findings and strategic recommendations
• Conduct telephone, video conference, and in-person briefings that review critical findings and communicate essential recommendations persuasively and compellingly
• Attend, participate, and lead client meetings/conference calls
• Support, collaborate with, and share best practices with fellow Research Analysts
• Commitment to Democratic candidates and the progressive movement
• Solid political intuition and a grounding in how modern campaigns work
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong verbal and writing skills and an openness to public speaking
• An inquisitive, questioning, and curious personality and eagerness to innovate
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and work extended hours during the height of campaign season
• Commitment to open, honest, and transparent communication
• Team player who is also able to work independently under light supervision
We offer a supportive workplace filled with dedicated and creative people and all the following benefits:
Including a 401(k) with generous company matching.
100% REMOTE WORKING OPPORTUNITY
Always have been and always will be.
TOP-NOTCH MEDICAL COVERAGE
Domestic-partner inclusive, health, dental, vision, life, cancer coverage, and long-term disability insurance for you and your dependents.
GENEROUS PAID TIME OFF
23 days of PTO per year. We believe in work-life balance and encourage you to use your time off. The company provides 12 ½ paid holidays per year.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE
8 weeks of fully paid time off. All genders qualify equally, and the policy includes adoptions.
TargetSmart thrives on a unique atmosphere and culture. Our professionals, at all levels, work primarily as virtual teams spread across the country. We encourage remote working and provide the necessary technology to facilitate it. We also foster an open environment (virtually, of course) where team members seek input from and are encouraged to collaborate and exchange ideas with their colleagues at all levels of the company. We decentralize decision-making wherever possible and put authority where the knowledge is. It’s our belief that this creates an atmosphere of respect and integrity where we all work together toward common goals. We believe that a diverse, inclusive staff is a fundamental strength. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, religions, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, and gender identities. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and members of untapped groups are welcome on our teams.
About TargetSmart Communications
TargetSmart is a leading provider of political data and technology that enables campaigns and organizations to successfully communicate with large audiences, personalize outreach, and create lasting relationships. Our superior politically-focused, consultative approach combines consumer data, databases, data integration and consulting solutions for personalized multichannel marketing strategies. TargetSmart leverages over 25 years of experience in data management to deliver high-performance, reliable data products and solutions.
Years of experience
- 7 - 10 Years
- $91,000 to $100,000 per year