This Position pay: 15.00 with sift differential for 2nd 3rd or weekend work
Full-time, part-time, overnight, and as-needed positions available.
I) Job Purpose
Ensuring that dignity and respect are afforded the people living in the Residential Program, the Residential Trainer will teach and provide supports so that people in the home:
- Feel safe and have the best possible health
- Are afforded choices and due process
- Are provided opportunities for community inclusions
- Are encouraged to realize their personal goals.
II) Essential Functions
Provide training teaching, supervision, and support to the people living in the home to assist them to realize personal goals.
- Implement and document, per shift according to standards and procedures, formal and informal training as recommended by the IDT without exception unless authorized by the QIDDPI Case Manager.
- Integrates all training areas and opportunities into the daily routine as evidenced by observations, feedback and/or documentation.
- Implement behavior management plans, if applicable, per IDT recommendations without exception.
- Provide training and supports so that people can successfully integrate into the community (vocational/employment, leisure/recreation, banking, shopping, etc.) as evidenced by observation, feedback and documentation of services provided.
- Role model character and behavior that is desired from the people living in the home as trained and instructed without exception.
Provide a safe and healthy environment for the people living in the home.
- Supervised self-administration of medications with no more than 2 minor errors in a quarter and no more than 1 serious error in a 12 month period.
- Reports, documents, and monitors illnesses, injuries, changes in behavior, and other issues per procedures, standards, and instructions as evidenced by observations, feedback, and or documentation.
- Follow health care provider orders recommendations and IDT recommendations without exception.
- Inspects, corrects and reports problems and accidents, according to procedure regarding cleanliness and safety issues in the home, surrounding area, and vehicle as evidenced by audits, observations, and/or documentation.
- Operates agency equipment, including the vehicle, according to instructions, state laws, and other applicable procedures.
- Ensure that all safety belts, straps, and safety procedures are used without exception.
- Follow abuse/neglect rules and reporting procedures without exception.
- Maintain valid, current driver's license with less than 10 points against the driving record without exception.
Attend work, training, meetings as assigned/scheduled/needed so that employees are well informed and have the necessary training to meet the needs of the people.
- No unauthorized absences for scheduled work day, training in service, or meeting.
- Successfully completes employee orientation within specified time frame.
- Attends and successfully completes required refresher training with no more than 1 training class over 6 months delinquent.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings for the homes with no more than 2 exceptions.
Follows agency, departmental, state and federal procedures/standards/rules including the principles of QAlS.
- Treats people with dignity and respect as evidenced by observations and feedback from the people and their families/guardians, staff without exception.
- Maintain confidentiality of the people according to procedures without exception.
- Documents according to agency guidelines/ record keeping procedures and applicable standards with 95% of documents present accurately/thoroughly complete.
- Conducts self in a professional and courteous manner to include interactions with families, guardians, agency staff, auditors, and the community at large.
- HCS Residential Trainers will provide residential assistance as defined in HCS Consumer Principles for Evidentiary Certification.
Ensures the safety, health, and well-being of the persons.
Helps with meal preparation, assists with daily living skills and transportation.
Must be able to help adult individuals with self-help skills such as, changing soiled clothing/underwear, bathing, brushing teeth and assisting with medical treatments such as eye drops, suppositories, diabetic treatments, etc.
Full time shifts currently available.
For more information about the Residential Trainer position, follow the link below.
III) Knowledge of Laws, Policies/Procedures, Skills, Education and Abilities
- TXMHIDD Community Standards
- ICF/IDD Standards as applicable
- RCS Principles as applicable
- MHIDDTC Policies and Procedures
- Must have the ability to train and teach people with disabilities
- Basic knowledge of behavioral management principles
- Successfully complete required training
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Work irregular schedules, including overnight shifts.
- Interact courteously and professionally at all times
- Ability to stay awake during scheduled work, training, meeting times.
IV) Internal & External Customer Service
Extensive internal and external contact is required. The employee will demonstrate advanced written and verbal skills while maintaining a positive image.
This position requires transporting clients and driving between locations as an essential function of work. Employees are required to have a license in good standing and be able to be covered by agency liability insurance. If personal vehicle is utilized for work travel, then maintaining personal auto insurance coverage is required.Minimum Requirements
High School / GED
Valid Texas driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Required Supervisory Experience
Pre-employment tests including drug and TB Screening, Physical Exam including balance, and lift test.
Satori Alternatives to Managing Aggression (SAMA) Containment. Must be able to demonstrate lifting and transferring of 55 pounds.
All staff are required to participate in agency Emergency Preparedness and Environmental Safety programs and may be assigned by their departments as a key/essential staff level function during critical events or for the purpose of sustaining business continuity.
This position may require temporary or permanent re-assignment to any MHMR Tarrant facility as determined by program needs and /or the Division/Director.
Assigned work hours may change as the needs of the agency change.
The functional Title of this position may change as the needs of the agency change.
All work will be complete within the scheduled work hours. All non-exempt (hourly) employee are expected to clock In and out for each work shift, no work done should be done off the clock.
Prior approval from supervisor is required for all Paid Time Off (PTO) and Overtime.
MHMR reserves the tight to change, and to or eliminate a position as it deems appropriate.
Employment is at will, as well as agency needs may change.
Agency dress code is to be followed at all times.
Physical on-site presence, including regular attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position. Any change or adjustments to your assigned work schedule or shift hours must be approved by your supervisor in advance.
Our total rewards program offers benefits* to full time employees beginning 1st of the month following hire date including but not limited to:
• Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
• Life insurance and additional supplemental accident and hospitalization plans
• 401a match and 457 deferred compensation plans
• Paid vacation and holidays; varied flexible work environment locations
• Annual tuition reimbursement program
• Student Loan Forgiveness
• Professional development programs and training
• And more…..
• Full time employees begin 1st of the month following hire date
• Market driven positions (full time or part time) begin immediately after hire date
• Select part time market driven positions are eligible for most insurance plans
• Substitute status jobs are not eligible for benefits
For more information, click https://www.mhmrtarrant.org/benefits/
*MHMR of Tarrant County (“MHMR”) and its affiliates and subsidiaries have an internal recruiting department. MHMR may supplement that internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters herein after referred to collectively as “Recruiters"). Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact MHMR employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – MHMR recruiting team or other authorized MHMR personnel must present ALL candidates to hiring managers. For more information please visit our website www.mhmrtc.org