Production and Publications Officer (Evening Work) - TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
LMI currently has an opportunity for a Production and Publications Officer in the McLean, VA area.
Interested in a work schedule that frees up your day and avoids rush hour traffic? The general hours for this position are 4:00PM-12:00AM, Monday-Friday.
The ideal candidate will serve in a full-time client facing role as a Publishing and Scheduling Officer for an Intelligence Community (IC) serving as the last-line of review in publication of critical finished intelligence for policymakers and senior leadership. With minimal staff oversight, officers will work as a team to be responsible for proof-reading and copy editing content; coordinating with analysts, graphic designers, cartographers, and content managers on late-breaking news; publishing content to the website; and adjusting project schedules on the basis of changing mission and customer requirements.
- Proof reading current intelligence articles, graphics, and interactive visuals
- Making last-minute decisions regarding changes in publication with minimal staff oversight
- Posting items to the website and readying them for publication
- Schedule work-flow to meet timelines
- Provide excellent customer service to support contributing authors, managers, editors, production officers, graphic designers, & cartographers
- Plan the contents of publications according to the publications style, editorial policy, & publishing requirements
- Oversee publication production, including, layout, & computer typesetting, ensuring adherence to deadlines
- Implement and maintain knowledge management systems for customers and client team members
- Maintain management process for quality control and feedback regarding published materials
- Support the development team in identifying bugs or pain points in publishing finished products
Education, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
- TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph is required
- BA degree in English, Journalism, Communications or other related discipline is preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years professional work experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the organizations within the Intelligence Community a plus
- Proof-reading or copy editing experience
- A strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage a large number of requests and easily communicate with others regarding progress and completion of requests
- Ability to deal with others tactfully and diplomatically
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills
- Comfortable working with minimal government oversight
- Comfortable using computer databases and systems
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to multi-task & meet fast-paced deadlines
- Ability to work in a team setting and comfort with taking independent initiative to enhance the product, process or team
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer-all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.