Pre-Kindergarten Paraeducator - Noah Webster MicroSociety Magnet School (N196-2324)
Successful candidates eligible for $750 Signing Bonus
POSTING NUMBER: N196-2324
POSTING DATE: November 6, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
POSITION: Pre-Kindergarten Paraeducator – Noah Webster MicroSociety Magnet School
REPORTS TO: Principal
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Assist in the implementation of the Infant/Toddler program. Provide various forms of instructional assistance and support for the Infant/Toddler classrooms.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supervise small group work to enable teachers to work with smaller or groups or individuals.
· Assist in study hall, field trips and recess supervision of children.
· Assist in producing, collecting, inventorying, and storing instructional materials.
· Assist in accounting for money to be collected for field trips, etc.
· Assist in maintaining school attendance records.
· Procure, set up, operate and return instructional equipment.
· Organize and supervise student work areas.
· Assist in preparing bulletin boards and exhibits.
· Notify the school administrator in such cases where behavior and/or other problems arise beyond Paraeducators control.
· Assist in toileting and diapering of children as needed in accordance with health and safety standards and procedures.
· Work with children individually and in small groups to reinforce basic skills and to check their use of instructional materials.
· Assist in the development and construction of materials to be used in reinforcement activities.
· Share in the maintenance of the classroom.
· Help to interpret the instructional program to the community and encourage parent involvement.
· Attend all in-service training/staff meetings offered by the department.
· Perform other related duties as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/ABILITIES OF IDEAL CANDIDATE:
· Associate Degree or 60 credit equivalent or any amount of credits with passing of ParaPro.
· Experience within an Early Childhood program.
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, lesson and student assistance skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effective with diverse communities is essential.
· Develop and maintain favorable relationships with administration, staff and parents.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) skill desirable.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten-month work year. Salary Grid in accordance with HFP Contract. Salary Grid in accordance with HFP Contract. $23,876 to $43,630 per year.
UNION AFFILIATION: Hartford Federation of Paraeducators (HFP)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All current internaland externalapplicants must submit an online application. To apply, please visit https://app.hirenimble.com/jobs/hartford and follow the appropriate link.
Hartford Public Schools (Hartford, Connecticut) isa diverse community of educators and approximately 18,000 students attending 39 distinctive magnet, community, and neighborhood schools, located in the capital city of Connecticut. We are committed to being a leader in innovative urban education, cultivating equity and excellence for all of our students, closing the opportunity gaps, and preparing students for life, college, career, and success.
HPS recruits and selects diverse professionals, who are committed to developing students’ individual, academic, social, and emotional capacities and growth within the classroom and beyond. Highly talented and qualified candidates with a passion for urban education, a commitment to our Hartford students, families, and community are strongly encouraged to apply immediately!
Why Should You Choose Hartford Public Schools?
Hartford Public Schools is seeking excellent candidates and wants to provide the best experience for you. We have put together a comprehensive package of benefits and incentives, including:
● Competitive salary
● Career growth opportunities
● Tuition reimbursement
● Rich health care plan
● Professional development
Diversity Among Us
Hartford Public Schools is a diverse community of scholars and educators. Among our 18,000 students, there are 90 languages spoken; 22% of our student population are English Learners. Over 85% of the population are students of color. At Hartford Public Schools, we are well above the national average for diverse teachers and administrators. Among our teachers and administrators, 27% and 47%, respectively, identify as people of color.
Hartford is the Place for You
The state of Connecticut is seated on the northeastern seaboard. Hartford is within an hour’s drive of the coastline and is centrally located between New York City and Boston. Hartford is one of America’s oldest and most historic cities, made up of 17 unique neighborhoods rich in history and diversity. It is commonly known as the “insurance capital” due to its prominence beginning in the 19th century as home to many of the most prestigious insurance companies in the U.S., many of which still call Hartford home today. The city features world-class museums, entertainment, and sports venues and is home to several major companies. An array of restaurants reflecting cuisines from all over the world attract people from far and wide, and more than 200 arts, heritage, and cultural organizations in the Hartford region provide hundreds of events year-round. In addition, several universities and colleges are in Hartford and the surrounding towns, allowing easy access to advanced degree programs.
Position Subject to Available Funding
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D