LMI is seeking a Platform Engineer to provide engineering support for a government client in Tampa, FL.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers’ unique mission needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
LMI has been named a 2022 #TopWorkplace in the United States by Top Workplaces! We are honored to be recognized as a company that values a people-centered culture, and we are grateful to our employees for making this possible!
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the production environment (k8s, Openshift, VMWare PKS Essentials, etc.)
- Ensure all new software functions smoothly across various programs and platforms, including mobile systems.
- Meet with managers and representatives of Army to discuss software issues and brainstorm methods of solving existing problems.
- Write original code and update existing code, ensuring that all code meets program requirements.
- Perform intensive testing of all new and existing programs to ensure they are free of errors and function as intended.
- Update and debug existing systems to ensure a smooth user experience and a uniform look across a variety of platforms.
- Optimize new and existing programs for mobile use, including smartphones and tablets.
- Keep up to date on the newest technological innovations in the field and be ready to apply relevant innovations to our software systems.
- TS/SCI Clearance required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or 4-10 years of directly related experience.
- Minimum of 4-10 years of experience planning, analyzing, designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining software applications for an enterprise level system.
- Experience using industry guidelines and best practices for developing software including Git, agile methodologies, CI/CD, and automated deployments.
- Engineer must be technically savvy with a flair for creativity and innovation.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Ability to both code and engage with the customer
- Understanding of and experience with Cloud Native services and container orchestration tools such as EKS, K8s, or VMware Tanzu.
- Be able to evaluate solutions comprised of 3rd party products or services and or map them to cloud native equivalent.
- Determine pro and cons of each and propose best option.