OTM Information Specialist - Office of Talent Management (N175-2324)
POSTING NUMBER: N175-2324
POSTING DATE: September 14, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
POSITION: OTM Information Specialist - Office of Talent Management
LOCATION: Office of Talent Management
REPORTS TO: Office of Talent Management & Labor Systems & Data Manager
As part of the Hartford Public Schools’ strategy to acquire and retain such talent, the Office of Talent Management will enlist an OTM Information Specialist. The OTM Information Specialist is responsible for assisting in the
processing and storing of information for the Office of Talent Management of the Hartford Board of Education.
Major responsibilities include a thorough working knowledge of all information systems and policies maintained by
the Office of Talent Management. The Information Specialist will assist in the processing, maintenance, and
reporting of employee data from a variety of data sources.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage Processes & Systems (80% of Time Spent)
· Responsible for administering and maintaining the Hartford Public Schools time and attendance system, and substitute management system
· Processing leaves of absence in EDS for certified staff
· Coordinating timecard distribution and time clock support
· Support in the processing of new hires, employee information and assignment changes, payroll changes, benefits & insurance
and other employment data into OTM information systems and CT Department of Education database (EDS)
· Support in processing leaves of absences and time/attendance records
· Filing/Storing personnel documents to Laserfiche and any pertinent databases
· Collaborating with OTM personnel on employee data validation and data accuracy
· Researching historical employee information (e.g., employee purchasable service requests)
· Assist in the processing, maintenance, and reporting of employee data from a variety of data sources
· Support the accurate processing and maintenance of all employee data (data integrity), including but not
○ CT State Department of Education reporting (certified & non-certified)
○ Time & attendance system
○ Substitute management system
Relationship Management (20% of Time Spent)
· Responds to HPS employee concerns and issues; utilizing technical expertise to direct them to the appropriate area of support such as
Staffing, Labor & Legal Services, Payroll, or Systems Manager.
· Support various departments in ensuring that issues within the HRIS systems are identified and fixed within a timely manner, and
maintaining clear lines of communication between departments and HPS employees.
· Collaborate with OTM/Labor Systems & Data Manager on the conversion to new systems applications.
· Be the point of contact for substitute teachers and employees regarding attendance and substitute jobs, and conduct ongoing substitute teacher
and attendance training for all users.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
●Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience, to include five (5) years’ experience in areas of staff attendance, payroll, and other related business areas
●Demonstrated knowledge of information management, specifically HRIS, systems, structures and maintenance
●Excellent organizational and analytical skills, attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness, follow through and ability to handle stressful situations
●Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, internally and externally.
●Maintain a high level of confidentiality
●Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
●Must be able to periodically work an extended and/or flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department
●Ability to work with minimal supervision
●Thorough knowledge of attendance systems (preferred)
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: N/A
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12-month employment; Starting salary of $75,000
UNION AFFILIATION: Non-bargaining
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To be considered, all internal and external applicants must fully complete a Hartford Public Schools’ online application. To apply, please visit https://app.hirenimble.com/jobs/hartford and follow the appropriate link.
Hartford Public Schools (Hartford, Connecticut) is a diverse community of educators and approximately 18,000 students attending 39 distinctive magnet, community, and neighborhood schools, located in the capital city of Connecticut. We are committed to being a leader in innovative urban education, cultivating equity and excellence for all of our students, closing the opportunity gaps, and preparing students for life, college, career, and success.
HPS recruits and selects diverse professionals, who are committed to developing students’ individual, academic, social, and emotional capacities and growth within the classroom and beyond. Highly talented and qualified candidates with a passion for urban education, a commitment to our Hartford students, families, and community are strongly encouraged to apply immediately!
Why Should You Choose Hartford Public Schools?
Hartford Public Schools is seeking excellent candidates and wants to provide the best experience for you. We have put together a comprehensive package of benefits and incentives, including:
●Career growth opportunities
●Rich health care plan
Diversity Among Us
Hartford Public Schools is a diverse community of scholars and educators. Among our 18,000 students, there are 90 languages spoken; 22% of our student population are English Learners. Over 85% of the population are students of color. At Hartford Public Schools, we are well above the national average for diverse teachers and administrators. Among our teachers and administrators, 27% and 47%, respectively, identify as people of color.
Hartford is the Place for You
The state of Connecticut is seated on the northeastern seaboard. Hartford is within an hour’s drive of the coastline and is centrally located between New York City and Boston. Hartford is one of America’s oldest and most historic cities, made up of 17 unique neighborhoods rich in history and diversity. It is commonly known as the “insurance capital” due to its prominence beginning in the 19th century as home to many of the most prestigious insurance companies in the U.S., many of which still call Hartford home today. The city features world-class museums, entertainment, and sports venues and is home to several major companies. An array of restaurants reflecting cuisines from all over the world attract people from far and wide, and more than 200 arts, heritage, and cultural organizations in the Hartford region provide hundreds of events year-round. In addition, several universities and colleges are in Hartford and the surrounding towns, allowing easy access to advanced degree programs.
Position Subject to Available Funding
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D