Maintenance Mechanic, 2nd Shift (Morris, IL, US)
We, at Leggett & Platt Inc., are searching for a 2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic to help support our Flooringbusiness. Did you know Leggett & Platt Inc. is the largest manufacturer of carpet cushion and hard surface underlayment in the United States? Our Flooring businesses manufacture and distribute foam-, rubber-, and fiber-based flooring underlayment for residential and commercial use. Our flooring underlayment products provide support, cushioning, and noise reduction under virtually any finished flooring material in your home or business. If you join our team, your work will ensure people across the world have a little more comfort in their lives.
As a Maintenance Mechanic, you will help ensure our production facilities can manufacture the innovative flooring products our customers rely on. Your responsibilities will include preventative maintenance on equipment like forklifts and factory vehicles, facility upkeep through painting and repairs, and assisting with new installations. The hours of the position are from 3:00pm-11:00pm, Monday thru Friday. Selected candidate will receive a $1,000 sign-on bonus!
So, what will you be doing as a Maintenance Mechanic?
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment like forklifts, facility vehicles
- Complete facility repairs and upkeep such as painting, welding, construction
- Assist with new equipment installations as needed
- Adhere to all safety protocols and lockout/tagout procedures
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues and complete repairs promptly
- Work closely with management team on special projects
- Follow equipment manuals and complete prescribed maintenance
- Maintain clean, orderly workspace and organization of parts/tools
- Take action to address nonconformities and product deficiencies
- Identify problems, recommend solutions, and verify implementation
- Ensure repairs and maintenance enable on-time production schedules
- Possess mechanical skills and manual dexterity for hands-on work
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs, and describe how we approach working together.
- Put People First reflects our commitment to safety and care of each other, learning and development, and creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, empathy and belonging.
- Do the Right Thing focuses us on acting with honesty and integrity, delivering the results the right way, taking pride in our work, and speaking the truth – good or bad.
- Do Great Work…Together occurs when we engage without hierarchy, collaborate as a team, embrace challenges, and work for the good of all of us.
- Take Ownership and Raise the Bar demonstrates our responsibility to add value and make a difference, challenge the status quo and biases to make things better, foster innovative and creative solutions to drive impact, and explore new perspectives and embrace change.
Our Commitment to You
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all. Leggett & Platt is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veteran status, and more. Join us!
We welcome and encourage applications if you meet the minimum qualifications. Even if you do not meet the preferred qualifications, we’d love the opportunity to consider you.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at http://privacy.leggett.com