Pay is determined by relevant experience, work history, education and internal equities. As part of our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion practices, MHMR offers the maximum compensation for candidates based on their experience, education and internal equities of the agency. This practice removes biases in compensation and assist hires and/or promotions on pay equity in their appropriate position(s) at MHMR.
The average rate for this position is… 18.03
I) Job Purpose
To work closely with clients building their self-efficacy based on a home visitation model utilizing relational theory and stages of change concepts ultimately equipping clients with skills to sustain sobriety and recovery from addition and trauma. The goal is to increase client’s self-sufficiency and maintain their housing arrangements.
II) Essential Functions
A. Assist in development of recovery management plans jointly with client, family, counselors and team members. Plans include personal goals that can be obtained in a 12-month time frame. Insures all required paperwork is completed in a timely manner as determined by the program standards.
- Service plan must be completed with the client’s input in a way that connects the client’s personal goals with the program goals.
- Collaborate with network of providers in developing a comprehensive service plan.
B. Provides intensive case coordination services to a minimum of 20 clients through routine utilization of a provider network.
- Assist each client in developing a network of contacts with family, friends and providers that will commit to actively be involved in client’s life.
- Connect clients with service providers.
- Assist clients in utilizing service providers by transporting clients to appointments, role-playing, problem solving and being a source of encouragement and inspiration..
- Minimum of 2 home visits per month.
C. Maintain a sense of connectedness to each client’s growth and development by continually evaluating the progression of growth and development.
- Document specific actions the client is taking that are progressively moving the client through the stages of change and discuss those accomplishments regularly with the client.
- Maintain regular and frequent communication with each client through the use of phone calls, text messages, hand written letters and notes that reinforce your connectedness to each client.
- Utilize creative methods and incentives that will encourage and reward the client as growth and development occur.
- Collect and prepare data for computer entry.
- Provide outreach services to locate missing clients and engage them with the program.
D. Ensures that the client is getting the services needed from the network of providers that were identified and agreed to be a part of the client’s life.
- Organize and attend case consultation meetings with service providers.
- Respond to phone calls from other providers within 24 hours.
- Verify that the clients receive the follow-up with services as intended.
E. Completes MHMR of Tarrant County required training and attends training refreshers as required by MHMR of Tarrant County Training Center.
- Completes MHMR of Tarrant County required training within 60 days of hire date and attends required refresher training within 3 months of expiration date.
III) Knowledge of Laws, Policies/Procedures, Skills, Education and Abilities
- Knowledge of MHMR of Tarrant County and Addiction Services Operating Procedures.
- Knowledge of TCADA/CARF Standards.
- Knowledge of the treatment of substance abuse.
- Ability to provide counseling in substance abuse in individual and group sessions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Specific knowledge of family, vocational, legal, and cultural and other sociological problems associated with substance abuse.
- Ability to conduct screenings, referrals, intakes, assessments, and program orientations.
- Ability to provide crisis intervention when needed.
- Ability to provide substance abuse education to Addiction Services’ clients.
- Ability to complete proper documentation/paperwork required for client chart.
IV) Internal & External Customer Service
This position requires contact with Clinical Supervisor; Program Manager; Probation/Parole; Tarrant County Medical and Education Research Foundation (TCMERF); Recovery Resources Council; John Peter Smith (JPS); Health Department; Tarrant County Homeless Coalition participating organizations; other MHMR of Tarrant County programs.
This position requires transporting clients and driving between locations as an essential function of work. Employees are required to have a license in good standing and be able to be covered by agency liability insurance. If personal vehicle is utilized for work travel, then maintaining personal auto insurance coverage is required.Minimum Requirements
High School / GED
At least six (6) months experience
Experience in substance field
Valid Texas driver's license with an acceptable driving record
Must provide license (if applicable) and official documentation of all educational attainment i.e. Transcript/Degree/Certificate
6 months substance abuse life experience, or a Bachelors degree in Health & Human Services
Pre-employment tests including Drug/Alcohol and TB screening
Physical exam including balance, cardio and lift test
Satori Alternatives to Managing Aggression (SAMA) Protection
Required Supervisory Experience
All staff are required to participate in agency Emergency Preparedness and Environmental Safety programs and may be assigned by their departments as a key/essential staff level function during critical events or for the purpose of sustaining business continuity.
This position may require temporary or permanent re-assignment to any MHMR Tarrant facility as determined by program needs and /or the Division/Director.
Assigned work hours may change as the needs of the agency change.
The functional Title of this position may change as the needs of the agency change.
All work will be complete within the scheduled work hours. All non-exempt (hourly) employee are expected to clock In and out for each work shift, no work done should be done off the clock.
Prior approval from supervisor is required for all Paid Time Off (PTO) and Overtime.
MHMR reserves the tight to change, and to or eliminate a position as it deems appropriate.
Employment is at will, as well as agency needs may change.
Agency dress code is to be followed at all times.
Physical on-site presence, including regular attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position. Any change or adjustments to your assigned work schedule or shift hours must be approved by your supervisor in advance.
Our total rewards program offers benefits* to full time employees beginning 1st of the month following hire date including but not limited to:
• Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
• Life insurance and additional supplemental accident and hospitalization plans
• 401a match and 457 deferred compensation plans
• Paid vacation and holidays; varied flexible work environment locations
• Annual tuition reimbursement program
• Student Loan Forgiveness
• Professional development programs and training
• And more…..
• Full time employees begin 1st of the month following hire date
• Market driven positions (full time or part time) begin immediately after hire date
• Select part time market driven positions are eligible for most insurance plans
• Substitute status jobs are not eligible for benefits
For more information, click https://www.mhmrtarrant.org/benefits/
*MHMR of Tarrant County (“MHMR”) and its affiliates and subsidiaries have an internal recruiting department. MHMR may supplement that internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters herein after referred to collectively as “Recruiters"). Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact MHMR employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – MHMR recruiting team or other authorized MHMR personnel must present ALL candidates to hiring managers. For more information please visit our website www.mhmrtc.org