LMI is seeking a skilled Graphic Designer to support our client in the WMA.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory services. Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in 1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies, free of commercial and political bias. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction. We offer a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees.
If you come from the graphic deisgn world, this might the job for you! Our client is in need of someone with a strong visual/graphic design background. We are looking for someone who can translate concepts and bring them to life in a visual format, and has a flair for the creative!
Responsibilities may include:
- Managing web content on the aforementioned platforms
- Engage on interactive and website development projects and provide recommendations on multimedia/communications design, content, and features based on the target consumer audience(s)
- Conduct focus groups to define requirements
- Develop interactive website conceptual wireframes and prototypes
- Design user interfaces (UI)
- Conduct website usability, accessibility, and functionality testing
- Gather periodic website metrics
- Developing posters, flyers, and other marketing/promotional materials
- Developing briefings
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Visual Media or a related design discipline in the visual communication arts or verifiable equivalent experience that demonstrates the individual's knowledge, skills and abilities as required by the position description.
- Portfolio often (10) or more samples that demonstrate graphic design expertise showcasing the designer's skills, knowledge, and competencies in design for multiple media, including but not limited to print and web
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional graphic design experience demonstrating extensive skills and knowledge of visual media design principles, theory, practices and trends in a variety of media used to develop innovative solutions and complex data visualization
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience using industry standard software tools, to include but not limited to, Adobe Creative Suite, critically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Extensive experience in techniques for concept development, creation of structurally sound production files, and preparation for output in multiple media including print, imaging, presentation, web and video
- Experience developing information architecture and navigation for websites
- Experience interfacing consistently and effectively with customers, management, technical staff, and project team members to define requirements, identify issues, negotiate changes, manage production resources and meet deadlines. Candidates will also craft effective email correspondence and provide excellent communication to clients, peers and management.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph required.