The Degree Audit Specialist is responsible for supporting the efficient and effective function of the degree audit process. Responsible for creating and maintaining the degree audits, especially as they relate to the revision and development of general education requirements, program specialization, and new academic programs. Conducts quality control processes, troubleshoots process problems, and tests current and new techniques and rules related to degree audit. Assists in the annual commencement ceremony.
This position is located in Pasadena and reports directly to the Associate Registrar.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Consults with other academic teams regarding integrating transfer credits and non-coursework within the degree audit process; responsible for processing course substitutions; adjusts student’s degree plan and anticipated graduation date as necessary.
- Conducts academic evaluations of potential readmitted students and provides data to the corresponding Academic Dean to determine readmission/re-entry to the College.
- Conducts regular and routine degree audits for current students and updates anticipated graduation dates as needed.
- Conducts final degree audit for program conferrals and commencement Participation
- Coordinates, documents, implements, and maintains the degree audit process.
- Communicates to students the status of their degree audit for degree conferral.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of college curriculum, academic program structure, and graduation requirements.
- Coordinates and manages graduation processing for the College, including the application to graduate, degree certification, diploma production, and degree posting.
- Provides degree audit requirements and process training to students, staff, and faculty.
- Interprets and enforces institutional policies and procedures as they relate to the operations of the Office of Registrar.
- Upholds FERPA regulations ensuring, maintaining, and administering student privacy rights.
- Communicates effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
- Follows quality control standards by inputting correct data into the database, and updating graduation dates and student statuses.
- Collaborates with advisors, faculty, and staff to ensure accuracy of College policy and academic requirements.
- Maintains procedure manual for processing conferral of degrees and printing diplomas/certificates.
- Supports other members of the Registrar team on an as-needed basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical problem-solving and communication skills, and the ability to interact with a diverse student population. Ability to work with students, faculty, and the public courteously and professionally.
- Possesses a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to apply academic policy and procedures to the academic records evaluation process.
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks and demands to meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive material professionally.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Detail-oriented and able to follow through independently on duties and assignments.
- Ability to learn and apply complex academic policies and procedures.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A responsible and dependable individual with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a college setting or accredited institution of higher learning.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with basic computer and database applications such as Microsoft Office, student records systems, and able to learn new software.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Knowledge of FERPA guidelines
- Working knowledge of Campus Vue/Campus Nexxus and Perceptive Content/Image Now.
Compensation & BenefitsThis opportunity is budgeted at $18.00-19.36 base compensation. Additional compensation factors may impact total compensation. To learn more about our competitive benefits and additional rewards, including generous paid time-off, medical and dental insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, click the link below.
Pacific Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.