Data Scientist - Clearance Required
LMI: Innovation at the Pace of Need™
At LMI, we’re reimagining the path from insight to outcome at the new speed of possible. Combining a legacy of over 60 years of federal expertise with our innovation ecosystem, we minimize time to value and accelerate mission success. We energize the brightest minds with emerging technologies to inspire creative solutioning and push the boundaries of capability. LMI advances the pace of progress, enabling our customers to thrive while adapting to evolving mission needs.
This position is embedded within our Advanced Analytics & AI practice. Leverage your curiosity and problem-solving skills to explore, discover, and predict patterns contained within data sets for a wide range of government clients. This includes the derivation of clear narratives that help our clients understand their data and how those insights address their research questions.
This data scientist will work as part of a team of experienced data scientists, data engineers, and data analysts to support advanced analytics projects for the Chief Digital and Artificial Intelligence Office (CDAO) of the Department of Defense. Responsibilities include:
- Frame and scale data problems to analyze, visualize, and find data solutions.
- Manipulate common data formats, including comma-delimited, text files, and JSON.
- Derive insights and analytic narratives from data and visualizations for effective storytelling and clear communication in response to research questions.
- Build robust, scalable data pipelines using big data technologies such as Spark.
- Transform data and analysis into informative data visualizations and/or interactive dashboards.
- Work in a fast-paced, solutions-oriented environment focused on client deliverables, analysis, and reporting.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science, engineering, or a related business or quantitative discipline
- Experience working with tools, including object-oriented programming (Python, Java), computational analysis tools (R, MATLAB), and associated data science libraries (scikit-learn)
- Data science methods related to data architecture, data munging, data and feature engineering, and predictive analytics
- Experience creating meaningful data visualizations and interactive dashboards using platforms such as Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, RShiny, plotly, and d3.js to communicate findings and relate them back to how your insights create business impact
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL; preferred qualifications include linking analytic and data visualization products to database connections
- At least 2–5 years of experience in the field
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- DoD experience preferred
- Unstructured text and natural language processing
- Working knowledge of Spark or PySpark
- Experience with Databricks, Qlik, and the Advana analytics platform
- Previous experience working with supply chain or maintenance data or processes
- Developing machine learning, data mining, statistical network, natural language processing, text analytics, and graph-based algorithms to analyze massive data sets
- Supervising algorithm implementation in on-premise and cloud-based computing environments
- Developing and implementing statistical, machine learning, and heuristic techniques to create descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics as well as to develop statistical tests to make data-driven recommendations and decisions