The mission of Washington Health Benefit Exchange (Exchange) is to radically improve how Washington residents secure health insurance through innovative and practical solutions, an easy-to-use customer experience, our values of integrity, respect, equity and transparency, and by providing undeniable value to the health care community.
The Exchange is a public-private partnership that operates Washington Healthplanfinder, the eligibility and enrollment portal used by one in four Washington residents to obtain health and dental coverage. Through this platform, and with support from a Customer Support Center and statewide network of in-person navigators and brokers, individuals and families can shop, compare and enroll in private, qualified health plans (as defined in the Affordable Care Act) or enroll in Washington Apple Health, the state Medicaid program.
The Exchange embraces the following equity statement adopted by our Board of Directors:
Equity is fundamental to the mission of the Washington Health Benefit Exchange. The process of advancing toward equity and becoming anti-racist is disruptive and demands vigilance to dismantle deeply entrenched systems of privilege and oppression. While systemic racism is a root cause of many societal inequities, we must also use an intersectional approach to address all forms of bias and oppression, which interact with and often exacerbate racial inequities. To be successful, we must recognize the socioeconomic drivers of health and focus on people and places where needs are greatest. As we listen to community, we must hold ourselves accountable to responding to recommendations to remedy inequitable policies, systems, or practices within the Exchange’s area of influence. Our goal is that all Washingtonians have full and equal access to opportunities, power and resources to achieve their full potential.
The Cloud Engineer III supports the organization’s systems and cloud infrastructure needs. This position will be responsible for the day to day procedures, processes and operations of core IT systems in the cloud, utilizing a DevSecOps framework. These systems include: Windows and Linux servers provisioned via Terraform in Microsoft Azure Cloud(s), containerization via Azure Redhat OpenShift, Ansible configuration management, Azure Active Directory administration, and cloud-enabled monitoring systems. It is responsible for creation and update of procedures and standards to build and manage cloud systems. Automation of security configurations, manual processes and procedures, and provisioning and configuration of cloud resources is required. Usage of industry DevSecOps best practices and regulatory policies defined by the organization and its partners is required. Mentorship and training of junior members of the Cloud Infrastructure team is required. As the Subject Matter Expert for cloud and infrastructure services, it will serve as the escalation point for Severity 1 production issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create/debug/deploy scripts, runbooks, and Terraform and Arm templates.
• Automate functional security improvement and setup configurations, manual processes and procedures, and provisioning and configuration of cloud resources.
• Mentor and train junior members of Cloud Infrastructure.
• Serve as escalation point and Subject Matter Expert for cloud and infrastructure services.
• Create, configure, and respond to monitors, alerts, and reports across all infrastructure.
• Manage, deploy, and document the creation of cloud resources.
• Participates in after-hours standby rotation to handle escalation and communication of Severity 1 production issues.
• Utilize and edit Scripts, runbooks, and Terraform and Arm templates.
• Build and manage servers in the cloud, defined by standards and established procedures.
• Assigns permissions to local servers and groups.
• Remediate and correct issues and problems.
• Server patching and application patching.
• Azure Active Directory user accounts and access.
• Follow established procedures to respond to outages and engage with SMEs and vendors for troubleshooting.
• Communicate outages and impact to customers.
• Respond to monitors, alerts, and reports across all infrastructure.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 7+ years overall experience in IT infrastructure (server, storage and networking) and 4-6 years experience in cloud infrastructure engineering.
• Mid-level to Advanced understanding of networking concepts and services, including firewalls, load balancers, routing, DNS, DHCP, Security, and VPNs.
• Mid-level to Advanced understanding of connectivity troubleshooting, latency, IP addresses, ping, and trace routes.
• Experience utilizing DevSecOps processes and Infrastructure As Code methodologies.
• Experience with containerization services and concepts such as Kubernetes, Docker, and microservices.
• Experience with automation and scripting automated common tasks with bash, PowerShell, Python, or similar language.
• Experience with proactively solving complicated issues and problems by providing root cause and remediations independently.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow-through on issues in a timely manner.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients, vendors, diverse populations, stakeholder groups, and customers.
• Motivated self-starter with initiative to take independent action and accept responsibility for your actions.
• Experience with Azure Redhat Openshift or other containerization platform.
• Experience with Cloudflare or similar Content Distribution Network (CDN)
• Experience with the Nutanix virtualization platform.
• Familiarity with Infrastructure As Code, DevSecOps concepts, and Github, or similar versioning system(s).
• Experience with Agile processes.
• Experience with administering RedHat Linux and Microsoft server environments.
• Experience and general understanding of object-oriented coding (Java, Python, .Net, etc.) or scripting.
• Experience as an administrator in a Cloud environment on the Microsoft Azure platform.
• CompTIA, Microsoft, or other industry recognized certifications in cloud, security, or servers.
• Experience in the government and/or health care fields with exposure to marketing, public relations, public affairs or closely allied disciplines.
• ITIL foundations certification.
This position will be open until we find a suitable number of candidates to review. If interested, please submit an application. The Exchange reserves the right to close the recruitment at any time.
The hiring salary range is between minimum of $96,465.00 and the midpoint of $104,853.00 depending on candidate experience, internal equity, and the market. Our compensation policy reserves the salary range above the midpoint for meeting and exceeding expectations and growth and development, up to the maximum of $125,824.00.
Take a peek at our benefits package.
Core business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. There are times where irregular hours will be required. The preferred duty station is our Olympia, Washington headquarters. The nature of this role relies heavily on remote and in-person collaboration. While a hybrid remote and on-site schedule may be considered, the position will require flexibility to allow for in-office availability as business needs dictate. Travel requirements will be limited, however there may be occasions where an employee is required to travel and work irregular hours to attend meetings or trainings. Duties of this position require the use of standard office furniture and equipment, including setup for remote work. The employee is responsible for providing and maintaining a safe, ergonomic, and secure workspace at their remote location.
The working conditions and physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A criminal background screen will be conducted for candidates under final consideration, and if hired, every five years of employment where highly sensitive data is processed or maintained by the position. The incumbent in this role will also be required to complete a federal fingerprint background check. The results of these background screens must meet the Exchange’s eligibility standards.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
This is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
The Washington Health Benefit Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We participate in E-Verify. You can view the Department of Justice's Right to Work poster here.