Business Analyst - TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
LMI is seeking a Business Analyst with experience in supporting mission critical software platforms within the Intelligence Community (IC) in the McLean, VA area.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory services. Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in 1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies, free of commercial and political bias. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
- Work closely with the project teams to provide the customer with business analysis expertise and project support, in a tactical capacity, evaluating internal and external client requirements and implementing effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Gather, analyze, and document business requirements (i.e., user stories using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints) and functional requirements (decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements).
- Ability to define and document customer business processes and functions including business process diagrams, data maps, test plans and test scripts.
- Ability to perform process re-engineering.
- Consult with project team members and customer stakeholders to identify, define, and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, and challenges related to the business functions such as those supporting the Federal Acquisition Lifecycle.
- Collaborate with the project manager, technical analysts, and customer end-users in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of the COTS platform to ensure desired operational performance.
- Track and document changes for functional and business specifications; write detailed universally understood procedures for testing uses cases, knowledge capture and training purposes.
- Perform quality assurance review and validation of deliverables for both, internal and external delivery.
- Achieve proficiency in all major products, including a suite of software offerings: through internal staffing training, self-guided tutorials, and daily exposure to individual product feature sets.
- Provide support for a variety of meetings, demonstrations, and program activities.
- Test projects in accordance with business and functional design following best practices for quality assurance.
- Record and track defects uncovered during test execution and assist in defect resolution (troubleshooting and researching).
- Provide input during requirements development as well as test case development and review.
- Comprehension of change management processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years prior business analyst experience.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment for a matrixed organization.
- Strong knowledge of productivity tools such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM processes and methodologies.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) practices, principles, and techniques as they apply to Agile development process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to listen and relate with the customer.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Proven ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player that is willing to help other team members at all times.
- Must have an Active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Lifecycle or commercial contracting.
- Knowledge of Federal financial systems or commercial accounting.
- Ability to develop training materials and conduct end-user training sessions.
- Experience with Federal government contracting and/or program office organizations business processes.