Assembler I (Dallas)
Capitol Ave, Dallas, TX 75204, USA
An Assembler I works in a production manufacturing setting. Responsibilities include assembling product in various cost centers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Apply tape on inserts EGC
- Assemble eye glass cases EGC
- Carousel - Step 1 (corner small) & 4 (top sheet) Vinyl
- Acetate - adding acetate sheets in binders Vinyl
- Inserting accessories (pen/paper pad) into padfolio Vinyl
- Counting paper certificate packs into 5's or 6's Paperbased
- Assembling ribbon (manually) on SBS/Moiré boards Paperbased
- Acetate - adding acetate sheets in cert holders Paperbased
- Eraser assembly Writing
- Assembling markers into chipboards/sets Writing
- Packing wall pockets into chipboards Molding
- Making kits for wall pockets Molding
- Packing fish FF
- Restacking water FF
- Labeling toothpaste cases FF
- Assembling kits FF
- Separate pieces - clip Sewing
- Clean/trim hanging thread pieces (cosmetic) Sewing
- Peel Lamination Sewing
- Work under general supervision
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
Experience: Previous work experience required, exposure to manufacturing environment preferred
- Basic math skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and management.
- Possess a positive work attitude and a willingness to carry out instructions.
- Ability to express and share knowledge and ideas in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 0
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
___Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
__X__Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job